Sybiz Vision Business Intelligence Centre
Email is the most popular distribution channel. By default, your Microsoft Outlook profile settings will be used by Sage Intelligence to send emailed reports automatically, however, if this is not preferable, or you do not have Microsoft Outlook installed, an Exchange or SMTP Server may be specified. These details will have to be obtained by your network administrator.
The SMTP / Exchange Server option is recommended for an unattended distribution, as the Use My Outlook Profile option requires Outlook to be open at the time of distribution.
Accessing Distribution Instructions
Distribution Instructions save time by sending reports, along with pertinent information, automatically to the right person/people using the chosen electronic method. Use the Manage Distribution Instructions to set up different instructions for each report that requires a unique distribution method, i.e. distributed to different people or via different methods e.g., Email, FTP, or Saved to a folder.
Complete the following steps to Manage Distribution Instructions
1. Run a report from the Sage Intelligence Report Manager to Microsoft Excel
2. Click the BI Tools Tab
3. Click Manage Instructions
4. From the Manage Distribution Instructions window, you can now Add, Edit, Delete, or Rename your Instructions
Add Distribution Instructions
Complete the following steps to add a Distribution Instruction
1. From the Manage Distribution Instructions window, select Add
2. Enter a Distribution Instruction Name
3. You will be presented with a window that has three distribution methods, namely Email, File Publish and FTP
4. By default, the methods are disabled. You may enable one or multiple options by selecting the Enable box/es
Add Email Distribution Instruction
When the Enable Email box is selected, you will be able to fill in the email details.
To Add Email Distribution Instructions, do the following:
1. Enter the recipients’ e-mail addresses or names in the To, Cc, or Bcc box. Always separate multiple recipients with a semicolon. To select from your outlook address book, select the To, Cc or Bcc buttons and select the name/names. If you do not have Microsoft Outlook installed, you will need to enter the recipients full email address
2. In the Subject box, type the subject of the message
3. In the message body, you can type in the required text to accompany your report. All of the standard formatting commands are also available from the menu bar
4. You will need to specify a file name for your report in the File Name box
5. In the format box, select the format you would like the report to be emailed in
6. You also have the option to distribute each worksheet as separate documents or leave this option disabled to send worksheets in one workbook
7. Click OK